Thursday, July 4, 2024

Nasruddin the Optimist

This is based on a joke I heard in Poland, now featuring Nasruddin:
Nasruddin walked into the teahouse.
"How are things, Nasruddin?" asked one of his friends.
"Oh, don't ask!" groaned Nasruddin. "My health is bad. The weather is bad. The local news is bad. The world news is bad." He sighed and took a sip of tea. "Bah, even this tea tastes bad!"
"Cheer up, Nasruddin!" said one of his friends. "You don't have be such a pessimist."
"But I'm not a pessimist," Nasruddin protested.
"What do you mean? Of course you're a pessimist! You're complaining about bad things are. 
"Yes, but I'm an optimist: I think things can always get worse."
The Polish joke goes: "A pessimist is someone who thinks things are bad. An optimist thinks things can always get better. A Polish optimist thinks things can always get worse.

And here's another optimist/pessimist joke. I originally saw this told about an engineer but I've replaced the engineer with Nasruddin:
The optimist says the glass is half full.
The pessimist says the glass is half empty.
Nasruddin says, "The glass is twice as big as it needs to be."

You can actually read a Wikipedia article about that: Is the glass half empty or half full?




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are limited to Google accounts only (to reduce spam). You can always find me at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady