Tuesday, July 2, 2024

What's 2+2?

I think I've seen this already told as a Nasruddin joke, but I found it in a modern joke book below; see notes below.
Nasruddin was looking for a job, so he decided to apply at the local factory; they were looking for an accountant.
The factory owner gave Nasruddin an interview, although he was surprised to see Nasruddin's application. As far as he knew, Nasruddin had no accounting skills whatsoever. "You know you will need math skills for this job," the factory owner said, looking at Nasruddin skeptically. "For example, what would you say if I were to ask you to add two plus two?"
Nasruddin leaned across the table conspiratorially. "Did you have a particular number in mind?"
Nasruddin got the job!
In the joke that I found in the joke book, there is a series of interviews: the boss is looking for an assistant, and so he is interviewing people of various professions. He asks an engineer, who gets out his slide rule; he asks a lawyer, who cites precedent, etc. Then he asks the accountant who uses Nasruddin's line here, and the accountant gets the job.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure I've seen this as a Nasruddin joke already, so if I come across it again in a Nasruddin source, I'll update this post. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are limited to Google accounts only (to reduce spam). You can always find me at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady